Relief...

I've just submitted my ISRS/TOC fellowship application, mailed off the prospectus to the department, and it's just a relief to know that I'm done with paperwork, at least for the moment. It's hard to believe that in a little more than 2 weeks, I'll be off to Panama for my sponge field course, apparently also fully prepared to carry out all the experiments I'm supposed to do there. It's crazy how unprepared I feel for the whole thing- never been to Central or South America, can't speak Spanish to save my life, no clue as to the layout of where things and places are. And reams of papers on sponges to read in preparation for the course. It's definitely a new experience for someone who's so anal about doing exhaustive research on whatever locale she visits. But I suppose things will fall into place as the time approaches. I hope.

What's next? My oral qualifying exam looms! August 13th, 9am, is the date and time. I've done the rounds, got my study materials from my thesis committee, and looks like I'll be spending plenty of time indoors the next two weeks trying to figure out flow regimes on coral reefs. Crossing my fingers that nothing too obscure comes out in the questioning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York...New York...

New shoes!