Food series- Honey paste chicken

Yup, since I'm back to living on my own, it's back to fending for myself in the culinary arena again....I miss my mum's cooking :( ...

So this recipe calls for the chicken to be deep fried first, but I wasn't going to waste all that oil, so I seasoned them with sesame oil, soy sauce and magarine and grilled them at 450degF for 40min. One effect of that was that the chicken got so tender you could crunch through the bones :O. While the packet is labelled as Honey Paste, I couldn't find any honey in the ingredient list at all, while sugar is the first ingredient :). You could probably get the same taste with sugar, tomato paste and soy sauce. Stir fry together with onions, and if you have it, fresh ginger slices!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New shoes!

Whale sharks in Singapore?