Goodbye jo...

It had to happen sooner or later. After enduring a 23 hour flight from Singapore to the promised land of the United States, my jo was happy to finally come out of the bag and and be used for practise in various jo katas. Oh the joy of being handled and swinging freely the last two Thursdays instead of the occasional weapon seminar. Last night, as Mike swung up to block my kesa strike (diagonal strike), I heard that unmistakable splintering sound as a small reddish projectile shot off into the distance.

Well, on the bright side, I now have two fearsome, sharp and pointy weapons, plus, no-one was accidentally stabbed by any flying object. And with a bit of duct tape, I got myself a spare training jo for one person katas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New shoes!

Whale sharks in Singapore?