America- Home of the drive-thru

Only had a cheque to deposit today so I decided to try out my bank's drive-thru teller! Yeah! You read that right! I started having an inkling of just how entrenched cars are in US culture when I realised my bank's only ATM was a drive-up ATM machine! I had to queue in between 2 cars to use it the first time round. And they have 4 drive-thru lanes for customers to carry out banking without leaving the comfort of their cars!

So all I did was- wind down the car window, stop at the teller's window (of course, I remembered to put the car in parking mode, haha), put my cheque and deposit slip in the metal box extending out of the bank window, receive my receipt, engage drive mode and drive off home! It felt rather surreal, like I was ordering at Mac's or something, but I was out and back at home in 20min! Will definitely be using again...

Comments

Fried Tempeh said…
WAHAHAHAHHAHAhAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA OH MY GAWD WAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS... ONLY IN AMERICA AHAHHAHA
Applecow said…
Singapore really could do with some of those. We have so many of those POSB atm establishments that are standing by the roadside... dunno for what.

Such a brilliant idea.
Unknown said…
Nobody walks anymore. Tt's why u see tt weight problem is a big-size issue here...

Popular posts from this blog

New shoes!

Whale sharks in Singapore?