Campus tour part II

One of the entrances to UNCW

The pond right in the centre of campus. It's pretty, but I think it breeds mosquitoes!

That's my department- Dobo Hall! Where my mailbox is, and where I teach lab sessions.

The road towards Dobo Hall





Pretty roses outside Dobo Hall

I got a free bike on loan from the campus Christian group, through the Office of International Programs. Cool scheme huh? So I can use it as long as I remain a student of UNCW. Well, since it's a free bike, I can't be choosy, and it is quite a retro style- single gear, and the thing I need to get used to the most- NO HAND BRAKES! The first time I rode off, I was clutching the handles while going downslope and wondering....HOW THE #%$%@ AM I SUPPOSED TO STOP???! Finally figured out that I need to pedal backwards to get it to brake.... Definitely no long distance bike trips for me, but it's good enough to go to school with!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New shoes!

Whale sharks in Singapore?